POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Image Packager/GIF Animation program? : Re: Image Packager/GIF Animation program? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Packager/GIF Animation program?
From: Ralf Muschall
Date: 29 Jun 1999 22:36:48
Message: <37798267.D9661085@t-online.de>
TigerHawk wrote:

When doing animated gifs, I use the following trick:
1. Create a long variable, e.g.
    a='1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 9 8 7 8 9'
   containing the frame numbers in the right order.
   (writing shell functions like reverse() help doing this)
   It is often useful to have several of them and to
   combine them in various ways.
2. Say somthing like
   frames=''; for i in $a ; do frames=${frames}frame{$i}'.gif '; done
   gifmerge -options $frames > animated.gif

Having this in a shell script allows easy experimentation
(I often find out after looking ath the result that
some frames should be duplicated, skipped or even rerendered
for better results).

Ralf

PS: Please delete old quoted lines at the end of your postings.
AFAIK Netscape has even settings to correct this (Netscape 4.5*
comes with almost all default settings wrong).