POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : A Candy Cane : Re: A Candy Cane Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Candy Cane
From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 Jun 1999 21:43:58
Message: <37797763.51BCE354@compuserve.com>
Actually, there is one(where it blends from white to red). But it is
VERY thin. I didn't bother to adjust the color_map, I was just
demonstrating one method of doing a candy cane. I also didn't give the
texture a glossy, slightly reflective finish, a faint and slightly
uneven spiral normal(possible!), and translucence(transparent texture
and highly dense media-I wish there was a specialized translucency
feature!).

Also, the number of cylinders and spheres used may not be enough for
some scenes. Just change the stickParts and curveParts variables.