POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : JPEG input/output for Pov 3.1e : Re: JPEG input/output for Pov 3.1e Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG input/output for Pov 3.1e
From: Alan Kong
Date: 28 Jun 1999 20:18:52
Message: <37780d87.296354411@news.povray.org>
On 28 Jun 1999 17:08:09 -0400, par### [at] fwicom (Ron Parker) wrote:

>I'm generally opposed to JPEG output, because it's lossy.

  Ron, I have to agree strongly with you and Ken on this one. I feel that
the official releases of POV-Ray would be compromised with JPEG output. What
people do with their images after rendering is their business but any
reduction in the number of colors should be performed as a post-rendering
process.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get