POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray for windoze 3.1e bug(s) : Re: POV-Ray for windoze 3.1e bug(s) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for windoze 3.1e bug(s)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 27 Jun 1999 03:02:15
Message: <3776cbcd.775826864@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 07:14:56 GMT, pet### [at] usanet (Peter Popov)
wrote:

>I am posting to this group because these are not POV-Ray core bugs but
>rather ones of the windoze front-end

One actually is a core bug, believe it or not, but you don't have to
post it to bugreports.  I've forwarded it.

>1) I am pretty sure this one's a bug. When using the rubberband select
>to render a region, POV fails to free the system resource it takes.

For those playing along at home, pvengine.c creates but does not
delete the pen it uses to draw the outline.  The longer you move
the mouse around, the more resources it uses.

>2) I think this one has been mentioned before: when using adaptive
>anti-aliasing, the pps indicator shows zero

This one's in render.c.  Adaptive antialiasing doesn't call the
POV_PRE_PIXEL or POV_POST_PIXEL functions.

I've forwarded both of these with patches to the appropriate people.