POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [ANNOUNCE] Object Placement Include File v0.994 : Re: [ANNOUNCE] Object Placement Include File v0.994 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [ANNOUNCE] Object Placement Include File v0.994
From: Ken
Date: 26 Jun 1999 07:34:46
Message: <3774BB2D.C23F4C96@pacbell.net>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> I have just completed a POV-Ray include file for the POV-Ray SuperPatch that
> will do one of the functions of the Genesis Toolkit, namely, place objects
> on the surface of a heightfield.  However, the include file can use any
> object as the base, not just heightfields, and has some additional options
> that the Toolkit does not have.

  Thank you for sharing this with us. I do have one question to ask:

  If for example you wished to place verticle standing cylinders across
the surface of the HF will this macro normalize the angle of each cylinder
to the angle of the surface at the point of intersection or will is stay
oriented to it's original direction ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net