POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : UDO/INC mixup disaster! Help! Wah! : Re: UDO/INC mixup disaster! Help! Wah! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UDO/INC mixup disaster! Help! Wah!
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 25 Jun 1999 12:49:41
Message: <3773C146.2BACA544@istar.ca>
Alex Magidow wrote:

> Buwahahahahah!The multiple UDO bug rears its ugly head once more. In fact,
> if you search back about 6 months, you'll find my posts on the subject.
> However, I'll just give you the solution, so you can get that entry in:
> The problem is that your UDO's basic name(the one given them by your
> converter. I'll assume that you're using 3DWin to convert them. reply if
> otherwise), the one used in the files, and default name for Moray, match
> throughout all your UDO/INC files. Try changing the names in the files
> themselve(There are two places, at least in a UDO file where the name is
> used. It'll be in this format:
> [NoName0_default:Vertices]//or edges
> in the INC file, it'll be in this format:
> #declare NoName0_default = mesh
> Make sure the names match.

As I mentioned in my other reply, I am using Rhino for the export. Do you mean
that since the cars, magazines, and can openers all contain objects named
"rhino object 1" (or whatever.. they have pretty ggeneric names), it is getting
them exchnaged? I noticed that where the magazines are bing replaced with
flying cars, it's in pieces. The spine is intact, but one cover has been
replaced with the car chassis.

Hrm.. come to tihnk of it, I also have a number of bean cans (6 of them, I
tihnk), and thay are having no exchange problems. However, I have these
labelled ("Can", "Label", etc, so that they don't have anything in common with
the other objects.)

I think I may try renaming the objects (in Moray itself, for now) Blue Magazine
Spine, Green magazine Spine, Blue Magazine Pages, Green Magazine Pages, etc...

At least I have something to do.. I had an almost complete entry a week before
the due date, so I was just waiting for something to go horribly wrong :)