POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Linux Newbie Pre-Install Questions : Linux Newbie Pre-Install Questions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Linux Newbie Pre-Install Questions
From: Prez Midnite
Date: 25 Jun 1999 12:42:15
Message: <3773B058.F95F0C48@NOSPAM.disinfo.net>
Hi...

I've just purchased [not installed yet] a 10.2 gig hard drive, onto
which I intend to install Linux. I'd like to keep my current 1 gig hard
drive running Win95, and have a dual boot system.

Now my dumb questions:

1) Will I be able to access my common files [POV, INC, TGA, MPEG, MP3,
HTML, etc.] from either OS? For example, could I render a .pov file that
is on my Windows drive from Linux POV, or vice versa?

2) The partitioning and formatting program that came with my hard drive,
EZ-Drive, is not compatible with Unix, according to the manual. How
should I go about preparing my new drive for Linux?

Thanks for any help! :)

Prez Midnite............... out.
e-mail:prezmid at disinfo dot net
http://netjunk.com/users/prezmid/
"I should have been a plumber." - Albert Einstein