POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Image Packager/GIF Animation program? : Re: Image Packager/GIF Animation program? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Packager/GIF Animation program?
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 25 Jun 1999 05:45:01
Message: <37734F9D.7904457F@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
TigerHawk wrote:

> I know in DOS there is DTA (yay! :) and various other programs to create
> AVI and GIF animations. However, I am looking for a program that can do
> the same thing, plus, maybe MPEG creation. At this moment, I really
> could use the GIF animatino smoosher as I'm trying to make animated GIFs
> on my web-page....
>
> If you can give me any hints to where such a program might be, I'd
> apreciate the help
> Tim Soderstrom
> TigerHawk

For gif animations I use gifmerge.

http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~sos/GIFMERGE/

together with giftrans to make non transparent gifs transparent

http://waldo.wi.mit.edu/WWW/tools/graphics/giftrans/

I found them very useful. For mpeg creation I used the mpeg tools on my
LINUX box at home (I found them difficult to handle) and at work I use
dmconvert but this is a program made by SGI and is not free (but very
convenient).

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler