POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : I Need Some Dirt : Re: I Need Some Dirt Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I Need Some Dirt
From: Bob
Date: 25 Jun 1999 02:23:37
Message: <3773206C.FF51F5E8@aol.com>
You've been using POV-Ray about one twelveth the time I have. Those skin scales might
be
possible via uv mapping (Nathan K.'s UVPov or the SuperPatch?), I just haven't done
any
of it myself so I couldn't say whether there's also a bump_map sort of uv map too.
Maybe
someone else knows... I can't think of a real great existing pattern either, except
perhaps crackle with spherical mapping and scaled appropriately enough to fit the
overall dragon body? But I'm just poking around in the dark here about it. I hate to
think of the modelling involved in applying actual objects of various sizes and
orientations.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe