POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : I Need Some Dirt : Re: I Need Some Dirt Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I Need Some Dirt
From: Kathy Overland
Date: 25 Jun 1999 01:01:28
Message: <37730CBE.422F7753@uswest.net>
Oh yes! I have plenty of gradient y, wrinkles, granite, color maps, normal maps,  &
anything else
you  can throw in the soup. I will say I do have a pretty good looking dirt. I made a
gif that is
almost white with some plasma in it for the height field. It is a little tricky making
two height
fields for a cliff background & one for the ground. Now my next dilemma is the scales
on the
dragon. I am pondering different methods that might work. I have this gut feeling I
might need to
make the main shape & then add the scales one by one. I don't think any of the normals
will give
me what I am looking for. I thought about a bitmap but even if I had one it wouldn't
give me the
layered look. Sorry if this all sounds so elementary but I have only been at this for
about 5
months. Not very long in PovRay time.

Thanks again for your help,
Kathy