POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray : Re: Moray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:31:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray
From: Phil Clute
Date: 24 Jun 1999 23:47:32
Message: <3772FC4D.EC31F429@tiac.net>
>I dunno...seems kinda dumb sounding.  Are they programming their
>modells?...That seems kind of ineffecient.  And, well...stupid in some
>ways seeing how modelling is a lot better than going at the model with
>code..more artistic abilities would take presidence with visual
>modelling.

Since this a Moray newsgroup I'll go easy on ya' :-) .  I consider
myself
a hand-coder. And the reason I hand code is because I can't stand
fighting
a modeller to put my object where I want, how I want. I figure by the
time
I select the shape I want and add a texture in a modeller I could just
as
easily have typed it in. In fact I don't even do a lot of typing because
can select pre-defined shapes and textures etc. from the Insert menu.
I don't have anything against modellers it's just a matter of personal
taste.
As far as visualising goes, after a while you just kind of imagine what
the code will give you. (One of these days I'll have to try coding an
object
without rendering until it's completed, just to test my visualisation)

--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.