POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : UDO/INC mixup disaster! Help! Wah! : Re: UDO/INC mixup disaster! Help! Wah! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UDO/INC mixup disaster! Help! Wah!
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 24 Jun 1999 23:37:58
Message: <3772F981.FC4F418C@mninter.net>
Buwahahahahah!The multiple UDO bug rears its ugly head once more. In fact,
if you search back about 6 months, you'll find my posts on the subject.
However, I'll just give you the solution, so you can get that entry in:
The problem is that your UDO's basic name(the one given them by your
converter. I'll assume that you're using 3DWin to convert them. reply if
otherwise), the one used in the files, and default name for Moray, match
throughout all your UDO/INC files. Try changing the names in the files
themselve(There are two places, at least in a UDO file where the name is
used. It'll be in this format:
[NoName0_default:Vertices]//or edges
in the INC file, it'll be in this format:
#declare NoName0_default = mesh
Make sure the names match.

Now, if its easier, try to reconvert the files, back into UDO/INC. This
time, before you export them, click on Statistic, then double click on the
mesh object, or click on properties. There, the name will be listed. Change
it, and the export. It ought to work. I look forward to seeing your entry!!
Good luck, and happy tracing.

Alex Magidow

--
You Know You've Been Raytracing Too Long When:
 You know exactly what a scene look likes after reading only its POV script.