POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : UDO/INC mixup disaster! Help! Wah! : UDO/INC mixup disaster! Help! Wah! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  UDO/INC mixup disaster! Help! Wah!
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 24 Jun 1999 19:41:58
Message: <3772C283.CE0C81C7@istar.ca>
I am preparing my scene for the IRTC.. all well and good. It includes 6
magazines in udo/inc format, all the same model, but with different
textures.

Now, when I render, some of these are magazines, but others have
mysteriously turned into other objects (also udo/inc) from my scene. my
stack of colourful magazines is now a stack of colourful can openers and
flying cars. Urngh!

I've tried duplicating the magazines, and when I do so, they render
correctly, but this prevents me from assigning them different colours,
which is a necessity.

Anyone know how to get around this? It's a major hassle.. my current
idea is to make 5 copies of the magazine udo/inc, and use one for each,
thus eliminating any real duplication. Of course, this makes things more
complicated, and is an ugly solution.

Time is racing.. less than a week till the image is due!

Argh! Urngh! Wah! Help!

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet