POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Career Path : Career Path Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Career Path
From: James Wood
Date: 24 Jun 1999 14:35:30
Message: <37727D88.BC47F260@wa.freei.net>
I would like to know if POV is being used in any professional
application or environment; or is it primarily for hobbyists. I would
like to be able to use this experience in applying for a position in the
3d & animation professional world. How is POV viewed by professionals?
What is the career path for such endeavors? What level of proficiency is
needed? What can one expect as compensation?
I am new to 3d modeling and find it interesting a whole lot of fun; but
is this all it is?