POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Superpatch and camera angle : Re: Superpatch and camera angle Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Superpatch and camera angle
From: Ron Parker
Date: 23 Jun 1999 17:17:08
Message: <37714ed4@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:48:29 +0200, Fabien Mosen wrote:
>A difference in the way images with an ultra_wide_angle camera are
>rendered between Official and Patched Pov.
>
>Please look in binaries.images for a message with the same subject,
>and complete explanation and examples...

Neither one is right.  Consider this scene:

camera
{
  location  0
  direction z
  angle 120
  ultra_wide_angle
}

light_source { 0 color rgb 1 }

#declare i=0;
#while (i<360)
  sphere { 40*z, 1 rotate i*y texture {pigment {color rgb 1}}}
  sphere { 40*z, 1 rotate i*x texture {pigment {color rgb 1}}}
  sphere { 40*z, 1 rotate i*x rotate 45*z texture {pigment {color rgb 1}}}

  #declare i=i+10;
#end

The superpatch renders this with what looks like an angle of 160, while
the official version renders it at 100.  I haven't investigated why there's
a difference yet.