POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Possible Error in the Superpatch : Re: Possible Error in the Superpatch Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible Error in the Superpatch
From: TonyB
Date: 23 Jun 1999 16:11:52
Message: <377131B4.FC44B77E@panama.phoenix.net>
>   Are you sure?
>   See http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html#csgspeed

Yes, sir. I am absolutely sure that every time -I- use merge, it just slows
things down. The only moment I have seen it as useful is with transparent
objects, or in the hollow interior of merged objects. BTW, thank you for your
wonderful FAQ, game (I can't seem to pass the 2JOES level), and utilities
(esp. the frame averager, which I use very often).

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB

Graphics rendered