POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : I Need Some Dirt : Re: I Need Some Dirt Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I Need Some Dirt
From: Bob
Date: 23 Jun 1999 02:34:49
Message: <37708005.CBCE3D1E@aol.com>
Although 'normal' and 'crand' can help, a heightfield becomes almost a requirement if
you are wanting depth to something. Maybe this is what you're after, maybe not. Any
objects in or on the "dirt"? That's the important thing to ask yourself. Problem here
as
with many things is what is dirt to someone. We have many kinds here, from red clay to
alluvial silt or sand from eroded sandstone. There's the dark brown fertile soil kind
and the sterile dust kind. Anyway, I think you need to add either a 'normal' or
'height_field'.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe