POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray source tutorials? : Re: POV-Ray source tutorials? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray source tutorials?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 22 Jun 1999 20:07:57
Message: <37702658.131497B@compuserve.com>
>1) I will be writing an official technical document that describes the
POV-Ray language from a parser-writer's point of view.  It will include
grammar specification using the syntax notation in our reference docs.
It
should be helpful to anyone who wants to implement their own parser.<

That would be useful(although I hate that method of specification, I can
use it.). But what I really need is an explanation of the program source
code, not the scene description language.(There seem to be many
commented forms in the source to describe the various functions, but
most of them are empty!)