POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : checkered plane not looking as (I) expected : Re: checkered plane not looking as (I) expected Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: checkered plane not looking as (I) expected
From: Jean Montambeault
Date: 19 Jun 1999 17:36:18
Message: <376c0d52@news.povray.org>
I'd follow Alan's advice to stick to simple normal orientations,
for the least, but I find it even easier to use only normal = y and
then transform by rotating, translating, etc. This way I can link the
object (any object, not just a plane) to its texture in a declaration
and do without fussing with the normal (just try to find the right
rotation to align the pigment on, let's say, normal <.4, .55, 22.2> ;}
I don't want to spend my brain muscle on that kind of exercice).

    Check this exemple :

global_settings {
        assumed_gamma 1.0}

#include "colors.inc"

#declare Orientation = <0, 1, 0>;

#declare Kodak = camera {
                location <0,1,-4>
                look_at <0,0,0>
                }

#declare Point1 = light_source { <2, 20, -30> White }

#declare Plancher = plane {Orientation, 0
        pigment {checker Red, White}
        }

camera {Kodak}

object {Point1}