POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Dumb idea (?): Trees : Re: Dumb idea (?): Trees Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb idea (?): Trees
From: Lummox JR
Date: 20 Jun 1999 23:36:08
Message: <376DB3C2.1581@aol.com>
Edward C. wrote:

> If this feature is implimented, you should be able to specify at what
> recursion depth the different types of branches/leaves kick in.

Absolutely. But it's been a long time since I've worked with an LParser,
so I'm not 100% clear on the code I would use to do this. Otherwise I'd
have included some pseudocode for the instructions, too.
My only other thought here is that if POV-Ray can't do the Lparsing,
there should at least be some way to implement the structure itself, so
that memory is used as efficiently as possible for objects lparsed by an
outside program.

Lummox JR