POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : question about different versions : question about different versions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  question about different versions
From: Preacher
Date: 20 Jun 1999 16:43:36
Message: <376D52A1.621231AE@hotmail.com>
Hi.  I have a POV-Ray book("Ray Tracing Creations") by the Waite group.
It is fairly old now but I was wondering  if I can still use it as a
guideline for POV-Ray 3.1g.  I   just discovered to my delight that
POV-Ray is available for Linux.  I typed in the first example from my
book and tried to render it, and I get the error:
"Bad option syntax or error opening ..INI/.DEF file 'camera{'.   "
  I installed the pre-compiled version in the default directories,
/usr/local/lib/povray31.  By the way I am running RedHat 5.1 kernel
2.2.5
  The first.pov listing looks like this:
    camera {
        location<>
        look_at<>
     }
    object{}
  object{}
object{}
  I left it blank for brevity's sake but you get the idea.  Am I
seriously out of touch here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I
also dlded the source and I am going to try compiling it myself to see
if that makes any difference.