POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : DWG File Format : Re: DWG File Format Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DWG File Format
From: Ken
Date: 20 Jun 1999 04:27:09
Message: <376CA2F1.4EE1EB91@pacbell.net>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find the specification for the AutoCAD DWG file
> format?
>
> Mark

  It is my understanding the the makers of autocad jealously guard that
format type and refuse to make it public for economic reasons. There
are a few 3rd party utilities that will read a .dwg file but I think they
are a reversed engineering byproduct rather than an officially supported
product. You might take a look at my recently published bookmark file in
the announcement group for some autocad related sites. You may find a
pointer to the info you seek but I have never seen it published.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net