POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon patch and spotlights? : Photon patch and spotlights? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Photon patch and spotlights?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Jun 1999 21:16:57
Message: <376C4200.5E91942E@compuserve.com>
I think I have found a bug in the photon mapping patch: It seems that a
spotlight shoots photons at the center of the object instead of in the
direction of the spotlight. I have made a scene which uses a spotlight
and a simulated spotlight(point light inside CSG object) to illustrate
the problem, I will post it to povray.text.scene-files if you want.
Sorry if this is a known thing...