POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Grass, yet again - : Re: Grass, yet again - Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass, yet again -
From: Dan
Date: 16 Jun 1999 19:17:06
Message: <37683190.BEE1A12B@earthlink.net>
Alex Magidow wrote:

> How does that work? The compressed mesh and hair files don't deal with .raw...do
> they? If so, where can I get them? Do they export to non-POV formats?

Here is what Chris told me:

"After quickly loading up Moray and running a few tests, I have to agree
about the mesh support - the only possibilities seem to be to load up a
RAW file, or a UDO converted from some other format.  Using the first
method, I loaded the CHESS.RAW example mesh that comes with Moray into a
basic scene, rotating, translating, and texturing it as I wanted.

Then, I exported the scene to a POV file, which also creates a *.INC
file with the scene textures, and a *.IN1 file (that's a numeral one on
the end) with the triangle mesh definition.  To use the Hair Growth
macro file I first compressed this *.IN1 file using Warp's Mesh
Compressor, default settings (note that Warp has just released a new
Windows version which you can download from my site).

With the MESH.IN1 file converted to a MESH.PCM file, I now edited the
exported POV file, changing:

  #include "MESH.IN1"
  object {RAWTriangleObjectName
     [transformations and textures]}