POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : A little scene to get your wheels turning : Re: A little scene to get your wheels turning Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little scene to get your wheels turning
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 15 Jun 1999 13:03:01
Message: <376680d6.70612733@news.povray.org>
On 11 Jun 1999 17:59:20 -0400, par### [at] fwicom (Ron Parker) wrote:

>/*
>  This is a little something I just threw together that
>  I think has some potential.  Render it and see what
>  you think.  Try it at 320x200 with AA .3 to start.
>
>  Note: this requires the superpatch,
>  http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/superpatch
>*/

An excellent example, to my mind, of minimising object creation. If
I'd tried to model a lit cigarette with smoke rising from it you can
bet your bottom dollar the scene would have had more than 2 objects in
it.

Impressive - and humbling.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail