POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Ridged Multifractal : Re: Ridged Multifractal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ridged Multifractal
From: Ron Parker
Date: 13 Jun 1999 17:25:06
Message: <3766200b.5740058@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 13 Jun 1999 01:18:27 +0100, Alain CULOS
<ZAl### [at] bigfootcom> wrote:

>I got everything compiled OK in your superpatch and I thank you for your
>work. But I have no clue how to tackle the i_* bits. I never built a dll and
>I do not know what the makefile should look like. I'm using mingw32/egcs if
>that's any help to you for guidance you may supply.

Since you're using Windows, the easiest thing to do is probably to
download the binary version and just use the i_*.dll files that are
included with it.  I think they'll work regardless of the compiler
you're using, unless yours uses a different structure-packing method
than mine does by default.  If that fails, I seem to recall that the
Cygnus webpage has a few bits about building DLLs using cygwin, which
I understand is quite similar to mingw32.  I understand that it's not
for the faint of heart.  Try
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html