POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photons and Media : Photons and Media Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Photons and Media
From: Ken
Date: 14 Jun 1999 21:59:12
Message: <3765B095.C9886D9B@pacbell.net>
Nathan,

  When you say that the Photon patch does not work with media is this only
in the regard that the photons will not intereact with media in the scene
or is media turned off completely ?
  For example I have a diamond object with media specified in the interior
along with an ior value. I will presume that the media will work as intended
and the photon mapping feature will also work as it normaly would were there
no media present. The only thing that won't happen is that the photons will
not be calulated with any scattering or intereaction with the media present.
Correct ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net