POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : My ugly little flame... : Re: My ugly little flame... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My ugly little flame...
From: Jerome
Date: 14 Jun 1999 09:13:23
Message: <3764FFF2.F84FCFF3@iname.com>
Ken wrote:

> Nieminen Mika wrote:
>
> >   Btw, I still can't understand why the netscape news reader very often
> > loads the images twice, thus duplicating the download time.
>
>   I believe this only happens when you open an image into it's own window.
> I usualy read all messages in a split window where I view the thread on
> top and the body of the message on the bottom. If it contains an image I
> view the image inside this split window arrangement. If I open the message
> in it's own window BEFORE the entire image has finished loading in the
> split window then I too expereince the double loading that you describe.
> Why this is I can offer no explaination but only my own personal observations.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
	I'm afraid it isn't it :( I *always* read the news in a
split window, and I nearly always get this double-download
problem... Any way if anybody knows how to solve this I'm
interested too...

--

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *