POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Ridged Multifractal : Re: Ridged Multifractal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ridged Multifractal
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 13 Jun 1999 19:08:53
Message: <37643920.33696339@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 13 Jun 1999 01:18:27 +0100, Alain CULOS
<ZAl### [at] bigfootcom> wrote:

>Ron Parker wrote:
>
>> I forgot about this.  The new superpatch (don't download it yet -
>> it has bugs) contains a library called i_fract, contributed by
>> Hans-Detlev Fink, ......
>
>Hi Ron,
>
>I got everything compiled OK in your superpatch and I thank you for your
>work. But I have no clue how to tackle the i_* bits. I never built a dll and
>I do not know what the makefile should look like. I'm using mingw32/egcs if
>that's any help to you for guidance you may supply.
>
>In the hope someone can help,
>Cheers,
>Al.
>
>P.S. I can give away my makefiles as they are at present (compiles the
>superpatch, funny thing not resolved about the GUI stuff), but beware : I'm
>no expert and they are ugly looking, yet they do the job and might help out
>some lost soul.

I use mingw32 too.  I haven't had the time/nerve to tackle the
Superpatch yet.  I do, however have a link that may help you with the
.dll compilation.  Colin Peters' webpage has a gcc tutorial that
explains .dlls and how to compile them with mingw32.  Mouse down the
page until you find the windows programming tutorial.  It is at:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/gcc.html.

Jerry Anning
clem "at" dhol "dot" com