POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : checkered plane not looking as (I) expected : checkered plane not looking as (I) expected Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  checkered plane not looking as (I) expected
From: Guido Heer
Date: 13 Jun 1999 16:34:10
Message: <376415CE.4B2BE93F@pobox.com>
Hi Experts,

I've done a few things with 3D graphics before, but I'm completely new
to PovRay.

Doing my first steps with the tutorial in the help file ("Pov Ray
Documentation" of PovRay 3.02 for Windows) I tried to put a checkered
plane into my scene. Changing the normal vector of the plane to
something different than y, I walked into something that confused me.

Using the normal vector "y, -3" gives the expected result, but if I use
"<-1, 1, 0>, -5" the plane starts looking weird and with "<-1, 1, -2>,
-5" it looks really wrong.

First I thought of some kind of bug in Pov but (as always in computer
programming) the error must be something I haven't understood yet.

What am I missing?

In case the error is somewhere in my scene file I attached it.

Greetings, Guido
--
>- Live long and prosper. -<>- Guido Heer, Basel, Switzerland -<
>- http://pobox.com/~heer -<>- Home of the german Newton FAQs -<
>- Get my public PGP key @ http://pobox.com/~heer/pgpkey.html -<

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: