POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : NURBS : Re: NURBS Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS
From: Mike
Date: 12 Jun 1999 22:00:56
Message: <37630F31.8C01DAC8@aol.com>
I wasn't aware of that particular feature.  It appears to use the clipping method
developed by Nishita.  I couldn't find the original paper that discusses it on the
net, and I'm suprised someone had done that and I hadn't heard of it.

I got interesting results with a test scene rendered at 512x384 with no AA:

type 0 = 38 sec
type 1 = 18 sec
type 2 = 10 sec!

I'll be looking at it some more tonight.

-Mike