POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : FreeBSD : Re: FreeBSD Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FreeBSD
From: Mike
Date: 12 Jun 1999 04:13:43
Message: <37621512.A275FFBB@aol.com>
Nothing special.  Just need something to take up space. :)

Seriously though, the main thing I'd like to do is get X windows up and
running.  I had Red Hat installed for a short time some time ago, but I went
mad from the text mode stuff.  I couldn't get X windows to run becuase they
didn't have a driver for my video card at the time.   I was checking out
freeBSD and they have my chipset listed now.

Eventually I'd like to set up a server that I can send renders to, maybe run
software from....basically stuff I can't do with NT workstation.

-Mike