POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : IK future ideas(maybe) : IK future ideas(maybe) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  IK future ideas(maybe)
From: Phil Clute
Date: 11 Jun 1999 15:48:44
Message: <376169AF.617BF879@tiac.net>
Just yesterday I downloaded the new Moray with IK, I'm
not a moray user but when I learned that it has IK I
had to check it out. It looks promising. And will be fun
to use as is, but I had a few thoughts that may or may not
be useful.

 The way things are grouped together is a bit limiting.
For use in making a robot arm it works just fine, but I
was goofing around with a bezier patch and wondered if it
might be possible to connect the control points of multiple
patches and IK those points. For instance I could arrange
my patches and connect all c-points to make say a human head,
then 'freeze' all the control points at once(select-all --> freeze).
Then I could select each cotrol point and 'modify' the IK of
each point.
I think that to do this a change would have to be made to
'group' that would allow each control point to influence all
other control points in the immediate surrounding area. Not
just in a foot is connected leg, leg connected to thigh fashion.

Oh! and there's more...(I'm not asking too much or anything<sarcasm>he
he!)

Animation:(here he goes!)
Now that I've completed my Human head, IK and all,I can take a
'snapshot'
of the head as a starting point. Then I translate the facial expressions
to the desired postion and take another snapshot. Using an 'animation
event list' I can adjust the snapshots according to clock values and
frame-output...

Oh! And Moray should fix me dinner while I'm working on all this! <He he
he!>
  I suggest working on the dinner part first so you'll have time to work
on all my other ideas. :-)

I can dream, can't I?

Phil
--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.