POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Ridged Multifractal : Re: Ridged Multifractal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ridged Multifractal
From: Ron Parker
Date: 11 Jun 1999 09:11:04
Message: <37610ae8@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 03:34:19 -0700, Ken wrote:
>Ron Parker wrote:
>
>> Ridged Multifractals were apparently created by F. Kenton Musgrave,
>> but his web page at GWU has gone offline permanently and I can't
>> find a replacement for it.
>
>mus### [at] siggraphorg.

Well, yeah... I was just thinking he didn't want all that email so I
left his address out. :)  The address he gives in _Textures and Modeling:
A Procedural Approach_ (www.metacreations.com/people/musgrave) also seems
to redirect to his GWU page, but I would think it stands the best chance
of being updated or pointed elsewhere sometime in the future.

BTW, got that book from the library last night and started reading it.
Not what you'd call bedtime reading, but very very interesting nonetheless.
If you can find it and you want to know far more than you ever should need
to about procedural textures, get it.