POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Turbulence pattern (or something like that...) : Turbulence pattern (or something like that...) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Turbulence pattern (or something like that...)
From: Anders Haglund
Date: 7 Jun 1999 20:44:07
Message: <375c6757@netplex.aussie.org>
Hi everyone!

Is there any ongoing projects or thoughts about implementing some sort of
pattern turbulence? What I mean is exacly what it sounds like, a turbulence
that changes with a pattern. It could be usefull when doing rising smoke for
example. The syntax could be something like this:

warp {
   bozo
   turbulence_map {
      [0.0 turbulence 0 omega 3]
      [0.5 turbulence 1]
      [1.0 turbulence 2 lambda 4]
   }
}

This shouldn't be too hard to implement, I'm going to have a go at it
myself, just want to know what all of you think 'bout it...
And also, while I'm at it, is there any work going on with reflection maps?
Generaly I hate reflection maps but they are good for quickly making cheep
metallic surfaces.

/Anders