POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photons and Laser Beams : Re: Photons and Laser Beams Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons and Laser Beams
From: Ken
Date: 9 Jun 1999 10:47:25
Message: <375E7A99.E1B526B8@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> Indeed. You'd probably have to use the SuperPatch's trace function, tho.
> Here's a macro (by Ron Parker) that might help. I don't remember if R has to
> point from the surface or toward the surface, you'll have to test it.
>
> //Returns the mirror vector of R at surface normal N
> #macro v_mirror(R,N)
>   #local nN=vnormalize(N);
>   #local par=vdot( R, nN );
>   #local perp=R-par*nN;
>   vnormalize(par*nN-perp)
> #end

  Thanks for the tip. I doubt I will use the "Super Patch" as the new version
is still unavailable and my need for completing this in a timely manner is
great. My much older (12/98), outdated, and inefficient version of the "Super
Patch" is corrupt so no longer works plus it is not available anywhere on the
net for download. I asked yesterday when I could have a copy of the new version
of the "Super Patch" and was told to "bugger off" (so to speak :).

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net