POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photons and Laser Beams : Photons and Laser Beams Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Photons and Laser Beams
From: Ken
Date: 9 Jun 1999 01:42:52
Message: <375DFB54.C30B434C@pacbell.net>
Before I try and fail I will instead ask. ( a novel concept isn't it :)

 Many laser light shows rely on reflecting laser beams from mirror to mirror
and tracing their path with the help of smoke to make the laser beams path
visible to the spectator. Since they use precision first surface mirrors
there is virtualy no loss of intensity of the light as it is transferred
from each mirrored surface.
 Is the above scenario possible with the reflection capabilities of the
Photon Patch or should I expect some fall off of intensity ?

 I need this information as I would like to model, for a customer, the inner
workings of a surface ablation device that uses a laser in cooperation with
a galvenomteter driven mirror system to fucntion.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net