POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon range finding : Re: Photon range finding Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon range finding
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 7 Jun 1999 09:08:25
Message: <375BC3AF.CBC0A7D4@Kopp.com>
By 'spacing' I meant 'separation'.  In the future you won't have to
adjust range_divider manually.  Currently, the default value will work
unless you go shooting 9 million photons like Alan.  Most scenes need
less than 500,000, and the default value is good for that number.
The choice for range_divider doesn't need to be exact, since it
gives a range of many orders of magnitude.

Remember, range_divider only relates to the compression of one photon's
color from three floats down to four bytes.

-Nathan