POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Tree Macro : Re: Tree Macro Server Time
29 Jun 2024 06:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tree Macro
From: Vania Smrkovski
Date: 2 Jun 1999 16:45:12
Message: <37558911.1D6D8956@ipix.com>
I am having similar problems.  I am trying to create a highly-detailed
village, which will ultimately have a massive load of objects.  For now I'm
less worried about speed of rendering as I am of actually having the entire
village, indoors and out, available for a render.  It didn't take me long
to realize, with a quick ground-work test (literally) using fracHill, that
too many objects just won't do well.

I would love it if POVRay could cache out work to a file so it can handle
the more absurdly complex images... In the meantime, I am also looking for
solutions to organize a massive project like this one.