POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Help needed to compile under Digital Unix 4.0e : Help needed to compile under Digital Unix 4.0e Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Help needed to compile under Digital Unix 4.0e
From: nobody
Date: 1 Jun 1999 18:07:17
Message: <37544b85.0@news.povray.org>
Folks:

I'm having trouble compiling Povray (latest version of sources).  I have a
brand new DS20 box running Digital Unix 4.0e and I'd love to benchmark it.  I
have only a limited amount of experience compiling things and such under unix,
so please be patient.  I compiled zlib and libpng just fine, but when I
compile povray with "make newunix" I get this message:

> make newunix
cc -O6 -finline-functions -ffast-math -c -ansi -DCOMPILER_VER=\".`uname`...
cc -O6 -finline-functions -ffast-math -c -ansi -DCOMPILER_VER=\".`uname`...
Make: Don't know how to make bezierDEP.  Stop.
*** Exit 1 (ignored)

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks!

David H.