POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : One Perfect White Rose... : Re: One Perfect White Rose... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One Perfect White Rose...
From: Diane Duane
Date: 30 May 1999 18:53:15
Message: <3751B328.59E603AF@iol.ie>
> Go to http://www.irtc.org.  Navigate to the previous rounds section.
> Go to October, 1997 - "Arts and Entertainment".  The winner, "The
> Drama of Cinema" by Glenn McCarter has an excellent rose.  Download
> cinema.zip, which contains the pov code to create it and cinema.txt,
> which contains his comments on the image and his email address.  It is
> good for study, and I believe that he would give you permission to use
> it directly.

Many thanks!  Will do.

> Beware!  Pov is an addiction!  Could cut into your writing time!

(snort)  It already has.  :)  But hey, people have to relax somehow...
(like by rendering and *re*rendering and *rere*rendering and
*rerere*rendering a sphere on a plane...and moving four different light
sources around to see how the shadows fall...and screwing up the light
syntax and having to move everything around thirty more times...).
Best!  D.