POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : One Perfect White Rose... : One Perfect White Rose... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  One Perfect White Rose...
From: Diane Duane
Date: 30 May 1999 15:22:56
Message: <375181D0.556FE997@iol.ie>
Friends,

The above is what I need.  My main problem at the moment is the attempt
to create rose petals.  (The stem is probably going to be a long skinny
cylinder, and is the least of my worries right now.)

I know I'm going to wind up layering the things.  But does anyone have
any thoughts on how rose petals might best be handled in terms of the
basic shape?  Can one or another of the primitives be successfully
mangled into a petal shape...say, discs "bent out of shape" and rotated?
Or very flat round-cornered triangles?

Any scrap of code which anyone feels like throwing in my direction would
be extremely welcome.

Best! -- Diane

Diane Duane / The Owl Springs Partnership
http://www.ibmpcug.co.uk/~owls/index2.html