POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : SMP povray design? : Re: SMP povray design? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SMP povray design?
From: Jim Kress
Date: 26 May 1999 02:32:47
Message: <374b877f.0@news.povray.org>
Its been an interesting discussion about the problems with multithreading
the current version of POV.  However, I agree with the point Tim made about
future machines going more and more to SMP (or similar) systems.

In the planning for POV v4, is there any attempt to rewrite the code so that
multithreading could be more easily implemented?  I've caught hints in this
newsgroup that v4 will be recast in C++ so, if that much of a rewrite is
going to occur, wouldn't it make sense to make sure it was multithreadable
too?

--
Jim

Check out my web site http://www.kressworks.com/
It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
and provide scientific insights that boggle the mind!!