POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Ridged Multifractal : Ridged Multifractal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Ridged Multifractal
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 28 May 1999 23:29:19
Message: <374F5123.C318301C@istar.ca>
The Ridged Multifractal is found in a bunch of proggies, mostly HF
editors (Leveller, Wilbur, probably others).

However, it sees to have other uses. While on a whale watching trip
(didn't see any), I noticed that superimposed upon the larger scale
waves were tiny waves, which could be easily approximated by a ridged
multifractal normal. On the way to work, I saw cracks in the paint of a
wall, which again looked like a ridged multifractal, in pigment and in
normal. No other built in features of POV could accomplish this effect.

Any chance of seeing a patch with this as a pigment type (or any of the
other multifractal thingies)? Would be very handy....

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet