POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Textures for fishes : Re: Textures for fishes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textures for fishes
From: smb
Date: 28 May 1999 21:13:29
Message: <374F2E79.61ABD234@stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Marc Schimmler wrote:

> smb wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> > I am doing an aquarium with exotic fishes and stones and corals and the
> > like.
> > I need textures for this. I am doing the shapes with Rhino and export
> > the meshes
> > via Moray to POV. The idea now is, not to have a complete image of the
> > fish to
> > stick to the fish, but procedural textures for the body, the fins etc.
> > I am glad about any hint/link to the subject. I have just some days for
> > this.
> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > steff
>
> I don't know how accurately you modelled your fish

Have to still and partly done. Thing is, it's easy and appealing with Rhino,
have the forms quite accurate. Waves in the fins eg, but anyway, just checked

with the irtc link, and the water theme has some competitors with fish etc.
I'll check the sources. Thanks for your tip, Marc. The no. one of this
contest
has a beautiful water indeed, hadn't seen before.
There are some fishes, I like 'naufrage' particularly, but no source there,
it's
rendered in 3ds max.
Haha, actually, there were amazingly few fishes in this round.
Well, still to work with the shapes, though..