POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animation/Renderer plugin wishlist : Re: Animation/Renderer plugin wishlist Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation/Renderer plugin wishlist
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 24 May 1999 08:32:17
Message: <37493892.9288C91D@mitre.org>
Cristian Ramirez wrote:

> I am exporting some of my Moray 3.1 works to *.raw and then *.3ds thanks
> to the export feature of the standalone version of Polyray (1.8a).
> Could you implement this feature (without changing every texture name :)

Do you want .raw or .3ds export (or both)?  I'm sure you are aware that
.3ds (as well as .raw) only supports meshes (no "real" curved surfaces).

How would you want to control the number of triangles used for the
surfaces?  I can default to what Moray uses in it's display, but don't
really know at this point how I would associate u_steps and v_steps with
individual objects within Moray.

For .raw output, I assume that if an object has a texture, then you want
to use the variant that has a texture name on a line, followed by all
the triangles that use that texture.

How about for .3ds - do you want them to refer to the texture name? (I
really haven't a clue how to turn the actual textures into .3ds
textures).  I guess after importing the .3ds file into something else,
you could then build the textures by name.

Xander