POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Video Cards : Re: Video Cards Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video Cards
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 22 May 1999 12:09:46
Message: <3746c8ba.0@news.povray.org>
(I know this is an old post, btw)

no!  No!  NO!

This is a HUGE misconception about 3D accelerators.  It doesn't do ANYTHING
for POV-Ray because:

1) POV-Ray is not written for 3D accelerators.
2) The images POV-Ray generates are WAY too complicated for even the best 3D
cards.
3) The 3Dfx Voodoo Graphics, Voodoo2, the Voodoo Banshee, and even the new
Voodoo3 do NOT support anything other than 16-bit color in 3D accelerated
mode (that's 65535 colors).

I'm hyper, but you could probably tell how I wrote this message :) :) :) :)
:) :)

-Ian

P.S. MORE CAPPUCCINO, PLEASE!