POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : superpatch and unix : Re: superpatch and unix Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: superpatch and unix
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 May 1999 18:38:36
Message: <3745d25c.0@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 21 May 1999 16:46:57 -0500, Christian Wietholt wrote:
>Ron,
>
>I just tested povray and x-povray both with shapes.pov and
>with skyvase.pov. Both versions are working normaly. But
>I could not test the new functions yet, I hope they will work
>too.

You can get some demo files that Gilles Tran just posted in
povray.binaries.scene-files to test the isosurface functionality.
It should work okay; I tested my cygwin build with his iso_egg.pov
script and it looked just like the output from my MSVC build.

>Again I wish to thank you very much for your support. I hope I can render
>my volumetric data soon.

The fun might be just beginning.  You still have to figure out how
to build i_dat3d.so on Unix, or how to take the code from it and
shoehorn it into isofunc.c.  I'll look around and see what I can
find in the original (3.0) isosurface source on this problem.