POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : superpatch and unix : Re: superpatch and unix Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: superpatch and unix
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 May 1999 18:13:28
Message: <3745cc78.0@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 21 May 1999 16:15:12 -0500, Christian Wietholt wrote:

>In the makefile there is a little error. I think the two
>lines beginning with C:\.... are there accidently.

Yes, they are.  cpp -MMD is supposed to ignore system headers, but
apparently it missed some (I'm using egcs 1.1).  The dependencies
were generated automatically and massaged by a Perl script, so
while they're accurate, it's easy for bugs like that to sneak in.

>Second:
>
>file f_func.c line 207
>
>    //*(calc_stack_top)= pow(
>ABS(*(calc_stack_top)),*(calc_stack_top+1));

You are correct.  I had to fix that one, too, but I forgot to add
it to my zip file.

>Third:
>
>Here I don't know exactly what to do.
>
>"../f_param.c", line 78: error(1164): argument of type "OBJECT *" is
>          incompatible with parameter of type "PARAMETRIC *"
>I put here a cast in like :
>
>     if (! Intersect_Par_Box (Ray, (PARAMETRIC*)Object, &Depth1,
>&Depth2, &Side1, &Side2))

I'm sure this is okay.  I'm surprised my egcs didn't complain about it.
OBJECT is the generic superclass to PARAMETRIC.  You got to that line
through the POV equivalent of a virtual function pointer, so you know
Object is in fact a PARAMETRIC.  The cast should be completely safe.

>PRECOMP_PAR_DATA *Precompute_Parametric_Values (Par, flags, depth)
>PARAMETRIC *Par;
>char flags;
>int depth;

>PRECOMP_PAR_DATA *Precompute_Parametric_Values (PARAMETRIC * Par, char
>flags, int depth)

This should be fine, too.  I need to go eradicate the last vestiges of
K&R from all this code someday; does anyone know a warning that I can
enable to point out K&R-style function headers?