POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : superpatch and unix : Re: superpatch and unix Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: superpatch and unix
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 May 1999 15:08:13
Message: <3745a10d.0@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 21 May 1999 11:12:00 -0500, Christian Wietholt wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>has anybody compiled the Superpatch for POVRay in an Unix
>enviroment. Can anybody give me advice how to do this?
>
>I will appreciate any help

It took me a while, but I succeeded in getting the superpatch
to build with the Unix sources and the Cygwin toolkit under
Windows NT.  You should be able to use my makefiles and other
modifications to build it with the standard GNU tools under
your favorite Unix.  I can't maintain my website from here,
so you'll have to go over to povray.binaries.programming to
get the patch.  Just unzip it in your source directory (it
should replace frame.h, parse.h, and unix/makefile) and make
it as you usually would.

For obvious reasons, I haven't tested this with the X or SVGA
versions.  If anyone has any problems with those, let me know.

This does not include the shared library support, as far as I
know.  I need to consult the original isosurface materials to
figure out how that's supposed to work, and those are at home.